Noobie question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YN89

Reaction score
Ok I'm not a mechanic nor do i have much experience with engines and stuff..but I'm not loaded with cash so when it was time to re-jet my rap I wasn't gonna hand it to a shop when all you need is common sense. Ok I bought a gytr Jet kit with main jets from 147.5-165 and piolet jets 20 and 25...now when I took off my carby I took out the main jet it had stamped 147.5 soo that's my main changed it to a 150..before I took out my piolet from the carb I looked at the piolet jet that was in the gytr pack (it's a yfm350 specified pack soo I didn't get the wrong ones) it is way longer and thiner and diff thread to the main jet...anyways came to remove my piolet from the carb and it was the same thread and shape as my main but stamped 20 soo it completly diff size and WTF??? I'm stuck I don't know what to do I NEED A HERO :). I hope this post made sense =|

Take the pilot jet you pulled out to an ATV shop and ask them for a jet one size up that matches it. You should of just went to a shop and bought single jets as you would of only spent a few bucks then the 50 or so for the kit.

Yeah should of done that but I called the shop before i went in gave him my make and model he said he had the pack for my bike that's what I don't under stand why is my pilot jet the same thread and length as my main jet not the same as the pilot jet supplied in the gytr pack???

There are quite a few different designs of pilots. I'm not sure but there are 3 different carbs on the warrior alone depending on year and model, it could be that the pilots are different between the carbs as well. Who knows about the other YFM350's they could have different carbs as well.

Back