Noob question.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SenseiL

Reaction score
So more on my routine maintenece nightmare on my warrior nick-named, murphy......

I see that you can install a YZ250 shift lever, so I got a nice MSR piece off of ebay. It came today and I see how to put it on. However I dont know how to get the old one off the foot peg. Anybody got a link?

Also while changing the rear pads, one of the bolts that holds the pads in turned out to be sheered and cleverly disguized. It looked in tact, but only had 2 threads to make it look that way. So I bought a new bolt, then an easy out. Drilled it out, put in the easy out, it sheered off. So now what? Buy a new damn caliper? Either that or remove the caliper and take it to a machine shop? Anybody?

Oh I got the oil changed after chizeling out the oil plug, got a new plug socket, since none of the ones I had fit. Put on a new rear sprocket and chain, but the master link only had 3 new rubber rings so, I had to borrow an old one. Oh and I cannot for the life of me get the nut off the front sprocket- chain attached, all it does is spin the back tires, if I could get it off I have a new sprocket for that too.... The air box on my "well maintained" quad has a nice prefilter and air box mod, but a k&N that is dry as a bone, possibly due to the mouse nest inside. I am recharging the filter today.--sorry for the rant. I know this is all common stuff but I really feel like murphy is a pain in the a$$, everything that can has so far.

On the plus side though it goes like stink, and has a lot of nice mods, so once all is done it should run like a champ. Plus I have to do the throttle mod for my edelbrock carb which should make it even more fun than ever, since I dont have full throttle currently. :)

Thanks guys.

Theat c-clip is on the inside prong of the foot peg, the lever will slide of fthat once the clip is pulled. The shifter part is held on with a bolt.

For The caliper, try taking it off and then useing some vise grips to gril the rod inbetween the pads and try spinning it that way. hopefully it comes out, if not, but a used caliper, sorry man. And use anti-cease on those bolts.

the front sprocket bolt will come off, put it in gear and also throw a pipe on ur wrench to get some added leverage. a impact fun might help.

These are little stubborn things that will pass, happens with older quads. Have fun with the maintenance.

Sweet guys thanks for the answers. I got it all buttoned back up. Filter is back in ready to go. Ill toss it in gear tomorrow when I put the new shifter on and see if that makes the difference. The caliper, Im looking to grab a used one. And in the meantime find a shop willing to pull the bolt for me.

YZ250 shifter installed. Busted up my knuckle a little bit getting the c-clip off but its all installed and looking good! Its snowing pretty good out now but I think I just might have to take er for a spin tonight. The shifter feels great.

yeah it sure does make a BIG difference

Lemme ask you what difference does this mod make?? Seems super easy and pretty cheap, but I've got my stock shifter adjusted where it's comfotable for me to ride but it's mostly trails....

the stock linkage will wear out and has to be adjusted with this cheap easy mod there is no more linkage to deal with, makes shifting smother and no more missed gears

Plus if you put on a new shifter it adds a nice shiny part on the quad too :).

shift reaction is a change as well, Faster more reliable shifts. The linkage gets sloppy and worn out.

The shifter and rear carrier set up are two crappy design flaws that Yamaha should of fixed a long time ago. As well as the upper stem perch, to weak.

shift reaction is change as well, Faster more reliable shifts. The linkage gets sloppy and worn out.

The shifter and rear carrier set up are two crappy design flaws that Yamaha should of fixed a long time ago. As well as the upper stem perch, to weak.
Is there a fix for the upper stem perch?

2guns.jpg

Sorry, I had to.... :)

Back