non running warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr5bidder

Reaction score
So this guy responded to my ad on CL for rebuilt blaster for blown warrior.

well 98 warrior not blown but I dont think it runs and he said he put a new stator and cdi in it and then took it to a shop and they said it needed a new rectifier

well as far as i know any bike I have dealt with the wires for spark go to cdi and coil where as the regulator/rectifier has single wire and one to ground if it was not grounded by regulator case its self and come off from a different coil all together and serves the battery.

so why would a warrior need a rectifier to run? sounds to me more like a bad ground somewhere

also was there a black warrior in 98? guy said it was black then he spray bombed it black YUK!!

I want a warrior and have skills and really don't care about lost money on my rebuilt blaster y'all think its risky?

..maybee I could take my compression tester along what is the range to look for on compression and warrior?

anything is possible with these quads. they either run like a dream or they are possessed with gremlins. id go with checking the grounds. if that doesnt work. test the rectifier. im not sure what the specs are for em. i cant find my book either so i can even look it up. good luck

im pretty sure the rectifer is just for the charging system and it should put out 14v - 15v when the quad is running

thanks I saved a copy in my motorcycle stuff folder where I have every manual I come accross

thanks a bunch elwood

Back