noise

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlbcqst316

Reaction score
I did a rebuild about three weeks ago. It has new rings and exhaust seals. I'm still getting a little smoke when it starts and if u hold ur hand behind it u get a little oil resadue. The worst part is the top end rattle i've adjusted the valves to stock. I seen a few threads about going tighter. The piston is stock. The only adjustments is new full steal dg exhaust, carb rejet, 3 angle valve job , unifilter running no lid. It already had an updated cdi. I've got 3 good rides on it and the oil is just now starting to turn, so I know thats good. Any ideas would help.

did you check your valve seals and how about a hone when you had the rings instaled? just a few ideas.

And for the top end rattle hows your cam chain if thats losse it will make some ratleing noises ive also heard of the wrist pin bearing making somenoises on some machines before too could be that who knows also posting a vid of the noise will also help diagnose your issue.

i did a hone. New seals done. The cam chain is new. I do like the wrist pin idea, I havn't thought of that.

Back