Noise from engine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88WarriorBoy

Reaction score
Does a starter cltch keep making a thunk noise even when running ? Because I have a really loud thunky noise comin from my left side of the engine

I mean it almost sounds like a knock but if the crank was knocking wouldn't there be alot of engine vibrations too ?

Take the stator cover off and have a look in there. Does it stay consistant? Or, does it change with engine speed?

Could be several things. Crank bearings, rod bearing, piston slap, piston pin rod hole out of round, something loose inside the stator cover....

oh great lol the funny thing is it is hardley noticeable on the flywheel side but really noticeable on the clutch side so that makes me think exhaust leak

i dunno, but as soon as i heard noises i shut her down and ripped into her. i wouldn't bother riding it or getting a video. start taking covers off and inspecting ASAP!!!!

well jonS I pulled off my cam cover and even the bearing was tight there was no movement but When I checked timing and I got to the compression stroke I could hear air escaping in the head

well, i hopes it nothing but a head gasket. it always pays to dig into things though,

Spray the head gasket area with soap and water and bring it up on the comp stroke slowly and see if there are any bubbles.

Yeah I'll have to check that But I still can't figure it out why the noise is really only coming from the clutch side

Alright guys heres the update. I drained the oil and found no metal shavings on the filter. and when I crank my motor over the clutch lever moves which makes me believe that something came loose in the clutch cover but won't know till i have the cover off tomorrow but does anyone got any guesses lol

Back