No start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compression "sounds ok" but doesn't mean it is. Do you smell fuel from exhaust? Clean the plug also and spray some starting fluid right in the cylinder. And try it quick. Is the ignition switch good. I ask because mine was bad and it would crank and not start for some reason on my Blaster

I tried spraying in the cylinder but got nothing. my spark plug is new and i dont smell anything from the exhaust.

Spraying in the carb doesn't always work. Because most the time it's way too lean. Put gas turn on the duel then spray. The vacuum should pull in fuel. If not your pilot jets prolly clogged.

I just went threw a simular prob with my 01, pull the plug and put the plug in the boot and rest it against the motor and start it and see if you have spark?

Doesn't sound like it has a lot of compression to me. I'd get a compression tester and test it.

Sounds like it's just spinning but hard to tell. If you don't have a compression tester do a leakdown test. They are more accurate in finding the problem anyway.

pull the plug and put your finger over the hole and start it, if it pushes your finger off then it should have enough compression to start and run, my 88 could hardly push my finger off but i got it to start blowing smoke and all..

Back