no start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Puhly

Reaction score
i just rebuild that carb. rejetted got it running right and then i pulled into my garage and went out to start it couple hours later and nothing. it wont start. put a new plug in and nothing.
i have no idea. ran great for 3-4 hours. then nothing
1996 warrior
any ideas

I know this may sound stupid, but people miss things sometimes lol... Is your fuel petcock turned on?
Is it doing anything unusual? (Other than not starting)
What is your compression at?

petcock it on. took it out of the tank and cleaned all that as well. i have good compression i beleive .. not really sure thou unsure of how to check that prolly dumb but i dont know

Well you have to get a compression tester, you can pick them up for around 20-40 bucks. An easy way to know you have some sort of compression though is to put your finger over the spark plug hole, and crank it over. it should blow your finger off even if you are pressing real hard.

Last edited:
alright. ill check that tommorw. it did this about a week or so ago be fore i rebuild the carb. ... once i rebuilt the carb it fired right up when thru everything and it started up again. and ran for a while

almost like a milk chocolate color. i would sayy..

the first one was black. after reading the jetting guide i think i got it to where it needs to be

just pulled the plug out and hit the igniton button. and then i put it to someting metal and it sparked btwn them

And, are you SURE you are getting fuel? Have you tried a shot of starting fluid? If it starts on starting fluid, you know you have compression and spark.

well i should be getting fuel its a fresh re build carb. i will get a can of starting flud tommorw and try it..

Well you can always pull the fuel line from the carb and see if fuel runs out when ya turn the petcock on... If the quad is new to you, try running an inline fuel filter for a couple tanks to clean out all of the sediment. I have done this to numerous bikes over the years as soon as I got them and cleaned the carb (bc I didnt want to do it again anytime soon!) and it has never failed me yet. I bet you sucked something else out of that tank into your pilot jet...

hmm ill look into that next i have yet to spray ether in it just to test if it was getting fuel for sure or not. i did pull the pet cock out and chean all the crap off of that filter. . i just got a new inline filter before it stop running.

Also, if you didn't get that carb super clean, whatever varnish was in there can very easily spread and gum everything up again. Seen that happens a LOT. If it was gummed up badly, put some StarTron (blue fuel treatment) in the tank. It helps to eat ethanol, and helps fight varnish.

ok ok. so i sprayed starting fluid right in the carb and go nothing. i guess my spark wasnt strong enough. so what to replace now. its a brand new plugg

Your gonna need to do some ohm tests or your just replacing parts. Stator, coil... Also check all connections including grounds.

Back