No Spark?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So this past weekend I thought the warrior was finally ready to make its maiden voyage. Everything was good, got it gassed up and set out. About 25 minutes into riding it started spitting a bit, backfired a couple times, and shut off. I let it sit for a little while and tried starting it. It cranked just fine, didn't want to fire. Bled the carb, gas was clean and there was no gunk. Tried to start it, got a couple sputters, but then just kept cranking. We were able to pop start it. But, I was only able to get another 5 minutes down the way, when it backfired real loud and shut off. Since then it doesn't want to fire. :argh:

As far as I know, the spark plug is fairly new. It was clean when I checked it after the top end was rebuilt. Timing is on. The machine ran before and after the top end rebuild. I don't understand what could have happened in half an hour of riding.
Is this a common issue? Has anybody run into something like this before?

Most likely your stator and don't by a cheap one (Caltric) either a RMstator about 150 or a oem which is expensive.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First thing to do is ohm it there's plenty of threads here to give you direction.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Back