No spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happydad08

Reaction score
02 warrior has no spark!!! New ignition coil, boot, plug, stator and pickup coil test good! Any help is greatly appreciated! !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yep had same issue on my 02 but after switching the wires in the plug from the stator pickup coil it still didn't have sparks I switched the wires around in the plug from the stator source coil and then it finally fired up

Last edited:
I switched the wires around and still no spark. I am so lost where next!!!!

if all grounds checked out along with stator and coil there could be a possibility the cdi is bad

make sure the orange wire is connected to the ignition coil pack under the hood
and unplug and replug the plugs on the cdi my 02 cdi the small plug kept coming unpluged just enough to kill the spark I had to clean the plug out and plug it back in and its been working great ever sense

Last edited:
Cdi checked out good! Any ideas yamahauler?

Try jumping the kill switch wires at the plug. Might be a bad kill switch. Or, take the kill switch apart and inspect. Have seen some come apart.

This is to happydad08 I have a 2002 350 warrior with same problem power everywhere but no spark? I also have a 1999 350 warrior that I wanna swap parts with.. Have you had any success lately and is there anything I should try first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To anyone.. When I search the web for (350 warrior turns over but no spark) I see lots of people with this same problem.. Unfortunately no one has posted/found the problem. I just got another 350 warrior that I should have running by tomorrow (rebuilding carb). What part should I try first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If by checking it you mean all the wires are tight; that's not a way to test your Cdi. If everything is new on your ignition system as you say and your stator and pickup coils resistance is within spec and you still have no spark; its definitely your CDI.

What did the stator ohm and is it aftermarket or stock? I ask because stock and aftermarket stators have different ohming values. Also you may want to pull the plastics and make sure that theres no damaged wiring. 9 times out of 10 no spark is either, stator, coil, grounds or damaged wires(whether it be corrosion, broke or no making contact). CDI boxes rarely go out on these, so thats the last thing I consider. Especially since the only way to test a cdi is to either put it on a running bike or take the running bike one and install it on the non-running one.

Well you can check if the CDI has resistance to make sure nothing burned up in there.
But the only sure way to know Is to swap out with a running one.

Put the cdi box on a running warrior it worked! Even though the stator showed the right ohms it was BAD!!! Got new stator got a pretty spark!

Well you can check if the CDI has resistance to make sure nothing burned up in there.
But the only sure way to know Is to swap out with a running one.

Hey Alex what should be the range of resistance for the cdi box? And where would I attach the multimeter for the test? I don't have another to try out. On my bike I'm convinced its the starter clutch that's bad. Hmmmmm. Its a 95.

There is no range, your just testing to see if the circuit is complete and nothing melted or blew up in there.
Just take the CDI box off and probe between the connections

Back