No spark

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryjay

Reaction score
I drove my 2001 warrior for about 30 minutes today and it was running just fine I then shut it off and let it sit for about 3 hours. when I came back out to try and start it it would not start. after some messing around I figured out it was not getting any spark. Now I am trying to figure out why. I am at some what off a loss here. I have been trying to manually give the ignition coil power to try and get spark but have had no luck doing that ( im not %100 sure I am doing it right I unplugged the power wire to it and have been manually giving it batt + and breaking the circuit but that hasn't worked). I have tried a few spark plugs with no luck. I disconnected the shut off wire on the handle bars and still no spark. I have swapped coils and still no spark. The coil, cdi, and magneto are all less than a year old so I have a hard time believing it is on of them. I did check the resistance of the spark plug cap and it was like 3 ohms where as spec is 10k ohms would this cause no spark whatsoever? Any other ideas? I'm not really sure what changed during those 3 hours while it was cooling down.

Last edited:
Do a search under "stator".
You'll probably find the answer there.

Thanks for the suggestion it was next on my things to check and sure enough I have an open circuit in the source coil circuit. I was really doubting this could be the problem as it was replaced about 6 months ago. This will be the 4th stator in 2 years. Am I doing something wrong here?

Also it always seems to be melted wires in there. Would an oil cooler help keep these alive longer?

Yami dealer told me the biggest reason a stator goes out on these is lack of oil changes or oil. I don't know if there is any truth in it but they told me that a few yrs ago. made me change my oil more often, lol

If your oil is black CHANGE IT!! Or get a hour meter and change it every 40 hours if you ride it soft to moderit 20-30 if you ride it at a "racing" pace and rev it hard and yes a oil cooler could help this

Back