No Spark When Cranking Fault: cause, testing and solution provided

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Ady

Reaction score
Hi Owners,

I've produced a document outlining the cause, symptoms, testing and solution to the common "no-spark-when-cranking" fault.

Spoiler Alert: it's your Neutral Relay (#10 on schematic) that has a blown coil.
Check the PDF for testing and info.

EDIT: I'm in discussions with another guru on CDI internals and will update once I conform or otherweise asap.

Eg, there may be an alternative cause and solution, which is related to the attached, but influences the CDI differently.

Attachments

• Neutral Relay coil fault no spark.pdf
    474.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Neutral Relay coil fault no spark.png
    Neutral Relay coil fault no spark.png
    746 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Guy really came on here, said hi, and 10 minutes later killed off half the fresh threads in the technical section. I like it.
Welcome to the boards

Hi and note, I have to review the doc as I'm in discussions with another guy about CDI technical info.

I'll update wnhen I have more info OK.
My 350 had a coule of faults, and this may not be the true cause. I'll update as I go.

Hi and note, I have to review the doc as I'm in discussions with another guy about CDI technical info.

I'll update wnhen I have more info OK.
My 350 had a coule of faults, and this may not be the true cause. I'll update as I go.
Yep get into a good conversation with him. He's been the electrical guru for the warriors.

Latest posts

Back