no spark please help!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beatwarrior

Reaction score
m new to the fourm i have a 2001 warrior i stripped it down to nothing to clean it all up it has sat for about 6 months i just put it all back together and now i have no power to the coil, i do but its like .43 volts or somthing stupid

the bike was running fine before the tear down, the starter clutch crapped out on me so i bought a used starter clutch and flywheel together, stuck it on
at first i thought oh it must be the wrong flywheel but i ripped the cover off and it is identical down to every mark and number "can a flywheel just be bad? its the only variable that has truthfully changed"

i dont want to go replacing parts because.. they dont go bad just sitting in a rubbermade tote

what could it be!!! its driving me nuts any help would be great!!

the motor has been painted and the frame.. but all grounds were sanded back to metal before i put them on

UPDATE:

alright i just went over everything once again

checked the stator "not sure which one is the source and which is the pickup coil because the manual i downloaded.. the colors on the paper didnt match so

white-red wires 517
green-brown wires 305

source coil spec:270-330
pickup coil spec:171-209

if anyone could tell me which coil is which without me having to rip the cover off that would be great
and does 517 mean its fried? being the highest of both specs was 330 and 209?

ignition coil specs out fine (but it dosent matter because im not getting power to the coil)

i went over every wire having anything to do with the ignition to check contunity from one end to the other
unpluged the harness from the cdi and from the stator and used a multimeter

every wire checked out fine , and the kill wire grounds when it should and dosent when it shouldnt so im really scratching my head here, is there any way to test the cdi itself?

ANY OPINIONS PLEASEE!!!

just put the origional flywheel back on with no results

found that the pick up coil on the newer warriors is aroudn 500 ohms so .. the stator/source coil and pickup coil are good

You didn't hook the battery up backwards did you? That'll kill the CDI instantly and you won't have spark.

well i got it fixed a few weeks ago, i order a procom cdi and now it works fine, i think somehow i fried it, the first time i went to crank it over to try and start it "the bike has been slowly coming together" i thought i had the coils bolted down but they were just laying there with the bolts hand tight in, so i was cranking it for a minute with it like that, thats the only abnormal thing that i did to it

the battery backwards thing.. dosent it have an inline fuse before the cdi? idk but yeah i didnt put it backwards that i can recall lol

anyways it runs great!!

beatwarrior said:
the battery backwards thing.. dosent it have an inline fuse before the cdi? idk but yeah i didnt put it backwards that i can recall lol

anyways it runs great!!

The fuse isn't going to protect it from reversed polarity. It's a 15 amp fuse, so by the time the fuse blows, the damage would already be done.

I understand your prob im working on my friends right now and its doing the same thing. Mines a 94 so all the plugs and the cdi are different. We traced every wire in the harness, replaced the cdi, voltage regulator, and stator. Im pretty stumped and were going to move on to some "experimental testing" like connecting my wiring to the output of his stator to try and get spark. It wont be in time but wtf im out of ideas. If you figure anything out let me know.

Back