No Spark on my Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rizzodrum

Reaction score
No spark whatsoever commin from my 2000 warrior. Installed a brand new battery and relay today. Plug was changed, Checked all connections, and fuses are intact. My stator was replaced around 4-5 years ago. Ever since that, I have never had an electrical problem up until yesterday.

Got an ohmmeter, tested the stator and coil and getting no readings. Am I using it right?? Should the key be flipped on to get an accurate reading??

Any ideas??? This blows cause my annual riding trip up north is in 3 days! I am Fucked unless someone can help???? Thanks

Before I installed the new battery, I tried jumping the quad off my 06 Ram. I think this could have fried something out????

Make sure and don't touch the leads to anything but what your ohming out. Don't touch the metal part to your hands either, this tends to throw the reading off.
Check the coil. Then pickup coil on the stator. The actual stator is suppling ac voltage to the regulator, then the regulator converts that to DC. Really has nothing to do with the starting or spark. :)
Also what happen to me is the source coil went out on the stator and I could push start the bike but it wouldn't start buy pushing the starting button. So there are two coils being used to for spark on the stator.

yea can you atleast pop start it? check corossion on the battery and such, otherwise just pop it for the trip and than look into it

I haven't tried push starting it yet, but that will be my next step...

Did u check the fuses to see if they were blown? I had that problem just a few days ago and installed the extra fuse that is located right behind where your fuse plugs in and worked fine, next day wouldnt start but this time it was loose battery terminals.

i dont think its the fuse, if it was the fuse it wouldnt even turn over, no power would reach the starting circuit. you should test everything, start at the spark plug and work your way backwards through the starting circuit testing the components and you should find the problem. if you dont have a service manual i would recommend either buying one or downloading one, i think theres a link somewhere on here, if not i have one i could send via AIM or something as the file is too large for me to send via email. they are very helpful and walk you through troubleshooting scenarios.

inspect your harness where it goes around the frame to the CDI. Pull the rear plastic, unplug cdi, feed harness back around. It happened to both of my Warriors in a 2 week period.

Back