No power

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamdaman

Reaction score
I just got my warrior out to go for a ride, and when I hit the starter, it didn't do anything. (no lights either.) So I figured it was the battery but when I took it out and put it on a battery tender, it said the battery was fully charged after about five minutes. The battery is less than 6 months old so I doubt that's the problem. The only thing that I can think of is the ground wire to the battery. last time I went riding, the little circle on the end of the ground wire was so corroded, that it broke off. So I had to replace it with one I had lying around the garage.

I just got my warrior out to go for a ride, and when I hit the starter, it didn't do anything. (no lights either.) So I figured it was the battery but when I took it out and put it on a battery tender, it said the battery was fully charged after about five minutes. The battery is less than 6 months old so I doubt that's the problem. The only thing that I can think of is the ground wire to the battery. last time I went riding, the little circle on the end of the ground wire was so corroded, that it broke off. So I had to replace it with one I had lying around the garage.
Well I would try piss'n around with that ground.. If that's not it, start tracing wires back....

Try shorting out the battery, if it sparks you have power. lol

Are your fuse and solenoid good? Some warriors have a "weak" fuse wire that tends to get stubborn now and then for no reason. If you get the ground checked and it's good then see if your fuse and solenoid are good.

Ya the fuse is fine. I'll play around with the ground wire some more tomorrow and I'll see if that works. But the wire is still in one piece. could anything else cause it?

U can change the polarity on ur battery by crossing over the posts, not likely but can happen and it will play hell on ur wireing. U could cross over ur sealnoid might get power but I would think u have a bad conection somewere near the battery

I moved the warrior around the garage today so I'd have more room to work on it, and when I turned the key on so I could check my wires, the neutral light came on. So I checked to see if it would run and sure enough, it did. but when I tried to put it in first so I could go for a ride, I couldn't find it. I had to shift to second, then back down to first. So I guess the problem is the shifter? It's got about an inch of slop up and down and about 1/4 inch from side to side. So should I just get a shifter off a yz250 or could something else be wrong?

Ya, the shifter has been getting worse and worse over the summer so I think I'm just going to go ahead and order that yz250 shifter either today or tomorrow. Which brand would you recommend?

I have the msr yz250 on mine it is awesome! I didn't mod it one bit not even have to bend it. And as far as you power problem mine did the same thing when i first got it sticky soleniod and blown fuse. I changed the fuse out and went to jump start it one day by racing it out and the lights came on haven't had a problem since

Last edited:
I have a yz250 IMS Flightline shifter on my 1st gen, I just had to bend it a bit to give me a bit more clearance by the pull start, but it works great.

My shifter came in today, and I got it on without any problems. I went for a quick ride and it worked great. I didn't miss any gears, it shifted smooth, and I could find neutral without any problems.

Back