No more hairs to pull out

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redbeard

Reaction score
Ok first technical question on this forum.... hehe

'99 warrior

Winter project, tore the carb apart ran it in my ultrasonic cleaner, wired out each hole and crevice.

After cutting the airbox lid, main jet to 148, k&n filter with outerwear and installing dg round series exhaust this is whats happening.

Idles like a champ, better than it did before
1/4 throttle- pops cracks and doesnt sound smooth
1/2 throttle- same only louder
3/4 throttle- same then almost dies when returning to idle

Btw its bored out to 366

What ive done so far is pulled the plug, black, so I put the stock jet back in, does the same thing. New plug and still rich. Am I missing something?

Ive never had this much trouble with a carb....

Parking brake wire has been unhooked

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

4th

Wow quick answer, :thumbup:

put it up 1 notch to 3rd that's stock it should lean it out
and then you may need to up the main 1 from stock but try it first

Ill try it tomorrow and let you know.

Off subject but how do the skis work? Never seem them around here, seems like it would be fun to try

plastic ski's work good they let the front float on the snow instead of like with tires it sinks in and has that pushing feeling and with paddles out back she can go pretty good

Did the needle still very rich.... so this is what I saw....

Gas was dripping from the bowl drain.... I might as well be a noob, so I removed the carb again and made sure the float was set correctly. However, when I would set the float, it seemed like it took more pressure to get to the shut off point. I put it back on an once again same issue.

I needed to get away from the fumes, and since its too cold to work with the doors open, I figure I will wait until tomorrow to mess with it more. Gonna hit 40 degrees tomorrow! Woohoo!

did you get a carb rebuild kit and replace parts like the fuel valve and seat or did you just clean the carb?

I used a rebuild kit. Fuel valve and seat are brand new.

Grabbed my Harbor Freight die grinder, which is low power enough it is perfect for shining up small crevices, put a cue tip in it and polished the seat.

Runs like a champ now, pretty lean but I can jet or needle it to get it where I want it.

Thanks for the help!

Back