NO BRAKES!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcoulter

Reaction score
88 warrior has no rear brakes since I bought it. the caliper isn't frozen, it's full of fluid. but still no brakes. I open up the bleeder valve and pump the brakes and nothing happens, so I suspect something is wrong inside the master cylinder, but how does it come apart?

you dont pump the brakes with the bleeder open, you close it pump it up hold the lever down crack it open so fluid sprays and then close the breather and repeat until you have pressure and brakes

I know how to bleed brakes. I was doing it right, just didn't type it right. There was no brakes before I starting messing with it. Supposedly they worked a couple years ago when it was last ridden, but not now. When I push on the pedal NOTHING happens. I sat there for a couple hours pumping and bleeding and never got any pressure on the pedal and the caliper never tightened up on the disc. That's why I thought there must be a problem with the master cylinder and why I was asking how to get it apart. I took apart the caliper and it is free, and the parking brake even works.

Sounds like the diaphram in the master cylinder is shot, You could try to get a master cylinder of e-bay, or you could just get a rebuild kit. Another thing to try to make sure its just not a plugged line is to put a tube on the bleeder and open it and pull a vaccum to see if you get fluid.

yeah but if you get the rebuild kit and it still dont work then you need a new one, you lose 2x i would judt get one off of ebay for cheap that you know works

Its a very basic system. You bleed the brakes, caliper is not frozen -its the master cylinder, unless fluid is dripping out somewhere. Its an 88 and probably still has the original - as was already said -Ebay it

yeah but if you get the rebuild kit and it still dont work then you need a new one, you lose 2x i would judt get one off of ebay for cheap that you know works

ebay=used. your just buying someone elses problem. with a rebuild you can do it right and pay less because your only buying parts for it not the entire assembly

Back