NJ Riders

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zraffz

Reaction score
Where do all you guys from New Jersey ride? I live next to a farm that I ride on and it's fun but riding alone gets boring... yup I admit I have NOBODY to ride with cause I have like no friends anymore.

I ride with a bunch of friends every weekend all over Ocean County

I really don't have a place to ride, so I just ride around my yard, and the corn fields around my house when they are not in use. Crop rotation is my enemy, but hey as long as the farmer doesn't care that I ride there when there's no crop, it works for me.
I'd like to ride somewhere though where there is more to actually do. Fields are only so much fun for so long.
But then again there has been no place to ride up here in North Jersey that I know of since I finished college.

Yeah I'm on the same boat. I have my house and the farm but it's horribly boring to ride alone. The only fun place to ride alone is the railroad tracks and that's cause you got a park ranger chasing your ass in a durango.

You're from sussex county, right zraffz? Which tracks do you ride on? There use to be decent ones in Sussex going to frankford. They started at, well easiest place to drop off was sussex motorsports and you could ride out to 565 to the sand pit out there. But back in 2003 or so is when that was no longer permitted. The bridges on the tracks have been gated up, and the sand put was torn up as well due to kids vandalizing the area (only takes a few to ruin the fun for all)

There's a spot out in Green Township. The only somewhat legal riding area I was just told about is out in Sandyston right off RT 206. My buddy's brother has been riding his YZ250 there with people for a while... trying to talk my buddy into fixing his 250R so we can go out there and play.

But once again, it's no fun riding alone so I'm sh*t outta luck until I make some friends who aren't wimps.

Oh and I'm actually taking a trip out to Sussex motorsports tomorrow to get axle bearings and seals.

Well hopefully I'll have my Warrior together by the end of the week, just waiting on a tool to come in... But I'd be up for finding this riding area in Sandyston. And if its pretty legit I'll have friends that would want to come who aren't all that wimpy lol

There are also railroad tracks in Andover, but the problem is they aren't that fun. Its just miles and miles of straight whoops. When you think you're out of the whoops, you come up on some more. Also run the risk of getting chased there.

Where are you from? I'd love to have somebody to ride with! I can find out everything about the Sandyston spot tomorrow when I talk to my buddy.

I'm just so bored of not having anybody to ride with, it's actually a little depressing... all my friends are into their rice burners and not quads.

And my quad should be up and running tomorrow if all goes as planned.

Stillwater over here. Totally opposite sides of the county but it's only about a 45 minute trip if you drive like an old lady.

Yeah Stillwater is not far at all, I could probably do it in 30-35 actually pending on where at. But yeah we should start organizing some NJ rides to areas that are actually legit for riding

I'm down for that. I'm sure we can figure something out and get a few others rounded up.

Think i might be trading my warrior (cbr600 motor in it) for a YFZ450 with some work done to it.

That sounds like a decent trade. Personally I'd take the 450 over the cbr warrior, but that's me. The 450 just seems more useable

Deuce said:
That sounds like a decent trade. Personally I'd take the 450 over the cbr warrior, but that's me. The 450 just seems more useable
Ya and my buddy is hooking me up with a 2001 GSXR 600 that was wrecked... if I really miss the thing I will build another one. It was honestly more of a pain in the ass then it was fun, I'd ride it for five minutes and break something else.
I think I'm just going to trade for the YFZ and fix up the GSXR and have a quad and a bike.

Back