Next quad should be....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scrambler 500 is a good choice. My friend has one and it runs very good. It has 4x4, is fast and has good ground clearance. I have also seen these for sale very reasonably priced as well. I think my friend paid around $1200 for his but it needed some tlc.

Well the choice is down to Grizzly, Wolverine or Sportsman. Need the tough utility abilities and some good speed. and to handle a few jumps.

SAY AWAY FROM ARCTIC CAT.

id get a polaris 500 h.o. or a big bear 400. <- two toughest 4x4s ever built.

500 h.o sucks.Some kid who rides around in the pit here has nothing but problems with his.It's a 2008 bought brand new,blew top end and had to bore it out,4x4 doesnt work,stripped his axles,cheap stock tires.List goes on.

my dad ownes one too this day and its an h.o. 2004 scrambler 500 and its amazing. 4x4 does work and his hasnt had a problem sense. it is well maintained. has great power too. i recommend it....

I'd get a wolverine. I do not like the body or cvt, but, that's my prob. Lol. Ya know that it will last, and it is a purpose built sport 4x4.

How do Grizzlies hold up on jumps? (ALL STOCK).. I know they've got lots of power to go fast.

Never riden one. But, if you want to jump, the wolverine is my choice. Never ridden one of them either, but, like I said, it is a purpose built sport 4x4.

Is the Polaris Magnum just the Polaris version of a Yamaha Wolverine? Not seeing many differences I believe the Magnum is still chain driven. Finding more of these for sale up here than Wolverines.

The 425? No, not unless it's newer and I don't know about a partnership between them. The magnun I know of, is a powerhouse, but, has the poor rear brakes that all older polarises have, and the electrical system is a hack job from factory.

So thats a no-go then?

How about this, are Wolverines interchangeable in many ways with Warriors and Raptors? I know Warriors and Raptors are...

If you get an older 1st gen wolverine, yes they share the same top end. So ALL performance top end parts for a warrior will fit the wolverine. The raptor heads have internals that differ from the warrior. The 1st gen wolverines are great bikes. You can even track down a warn 424 kit to disengage the front diff so you can swith between 2wd and 4wd. Honestly, it's a hard bike to beat. It even has disc brakes. It'd be nothing to do a 10.5:1, 366cc piston, with a cam/springs/ and porting. Put an exhaust on it, a better air filter, and you have a ballsie ute.

Back