Newbi here

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gruss

Reaction score
I got my first quad today. I bought a 97 350 warrior. My name is Russ, I'm 38 and married with a 10 yr old son. I got him a new 80 Raptor last year, and needed something to chase him around with. I've never owned an ATV before, but rode friends rides several times. Looking forward to learning about these, and spending quality time riding with my son . Thanks for a cool place to swap ideas and share info. (gotta love message boards.)

I'm a machinist, and a Ford diesel truck enthusiast, iI belong to seveal diesel message boards, and enjoy trading info and helping when I can. Glad to be here. ;)

welcome to the site. yep those warriors are ok. i have an 02 myself.

also a ferd diesel guy. i have an 86 and a 99

Well i drive a 18 wheeler so i am lost with out the sound of a strong inline six

Ya I hear ya I'm just funnin' ya. I like the sound of a stong cummins too. I was just born with Ford Blue blood. I think the perfect truck would be a 97 F350 with the a 5.9 24 valve, Allison tranny, and Dana 60 diffs. Best of everything.

Man I love my 6.0! Welcome to the site. You ever go to Powerstroke.org?

Nope, I hang at oilburners.net, superdutydiesel.com and thedieselgarage.com.

Oh man a Ford guy, J/K I have a 04 E350 6.0 powerstroke, dude whats up with this thing killing EGR valves and sooting up the turbo. Also it's been to ford for injectors, some **** with the tranny, and I could not start the thing one day, had it towed to ford and they had to replace the cam sensor. BTW the injector ordeal was 3 years ago and it's starting to smoke a little again, not all the time but alot at idle. :mad: Why couldn't they just keep the 7.3.

Ya I hear ya I'm just funnin' ya. I like the sound of a stong cummins too. I was just born with Ford Blue blood. I think the perfect truck would be a 97 F350 with the a 5.9 24 valve, Allison tranny, and Dana 60 diffs. Best of everything.
I've seen some 5.9 12 valvers running 9s. A dude by me has a 03 F350 with a destroked cummins, the thing is just sick fast.
Check it out http://destroked.com/

Oh man a Ford guy, J/K I have a 04 E350 6.0 powerstroke, dude whats up with this thing killing EGR valves and sooting up the turbo. Also it's been to ford for injectors, some **** with the tranny, and I could not start the thing one day, had it towed to ford and they had to replace the cam sensor. BTW the injector ordeal was 3 years ago and it's starting to smoke a little again, not all the time but alot at idle. :mad: Why couldn't they just keep the 7.3.

The 7.3's had rod problems with there cracked caps and powdered metal rods. With the 99' and on.
If you can't blame ford, blame IH there the ones that built it...

Back