New warrior owner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone i just recently got a 97 warrior 350. It was kind of a basket case when I pick it up, missing some pieces not running was told it needed a stator and flywheel but the wiring was hacked up there was missing bolts loose bolts etc. I replaced the stator flywheel and flywheel key got it running but it was running bad so I rebuilt the carb replaced the intake boot and still had a terrible running warrior. It ran fine the first 2 minutes then would start belching oil smoke out of the exhaust and misfiring so I ordered a wiseco 11:1 piston new valve seals a niche jug and niche performance cam and started my tear down on it. after tearing it down I discovered it had a hot rods rod and crank in it with a vertix piston the valve seals were leaking badly especially on the exhaust side and the oil control rings were completely wasted. now my issue is that the piston is up past the top of the cylinder and hitting the head so I apparently need a spacer for the bottom of the jug to get the piston back down in the cylinder. I have no idea where to get the spacer. If my math is right I need about an.080 spacer to keep the piston from having a fight with the valves. I should also mention this is the first 4wheeler I’ve ever owned and worked on. I’ve rode several but never wrenched on them or had any of my own so any help finding the spacer I need would be appreciated.

It sounds like you have a 4 mil stroker which you'll explain the piston. Weston has used the talked big bear cylinders in the past. Honestly what I would do is return the piston and contact je for a stroker piston. Also ditch the niche cam. They're known for flattening the lobes and destroying rockers due to the soft material.

Last edited:
I’m on a pretty tight budget right now otherwise I would. I’m just hoping to get it running and have some fun till I can get some more money together for a better build

Latest posts

Back