New to YFM350, pics of my ride.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOLY **** man! Welcome and glad to have yah. First ever wardog dragster I'v eever seen. You got a spec list?

I have some old pics if I can find them when it was a stock frame. I think the best times I ran was in the 3.95 to 4.10 sec's. in 200ft., with me on it & at that time I weighed around 230lbs. & that was in 1999-2003, in 2004 I lengthened the frame. Most of the guys I race against thought I was lighter because of the smaller tubing, but it actually weighed about the same as the stk. frame. All those guys wouldn't get in the class with me & a Kaw.--Mojave 250. So we started going to another track for a month or so, where we ran against 400EX's & KFX 400's that were built big with strokers engines & NOS and did very well there also. We came back to our home track & they had made a class for us & called it an "open" class & wouldn't let us get in the classes we always ran in. We were running in a 4-stroke open class with a 720 Raptor with NOS & he wouldn't even run us. They also had made a class & called it 350 4-stroke open & it use to be called 350 4-stroke modified, & we had ran in it always before we went to the other track.
But anyways,when I find those pics I will put them on here.
Don't let anyone tell U, U can't make a Wardog 350 run. The best time to record was a 3.64 & a 3.72, back to back in practice. (200ft.)

All the mods are at the bottom of my page, except the carb & gearing. Carb is a round slide 38PE Keihn, bored to a 40mm on alcohol & a 50hp shot of NOS. At the time of the 2 best E.T.'s, I was running around a 35hp shot of NOS. I went up to a 50hp shot & slowed down because of extreme wheel spin taking off. The gearing is 17-37. I had a 37 made for the back, because the 87 thru mid 88 is a 4 bolt sproket hub & from mid 88 on is a 5 bolt sproket hub. I almost forgot, when I ran the 2 best times I was running a 4in. over swingarm with a straight shock in the rear without the dogbone where the bottom of the shock mounts. It just squated down in the back & hooked up & went.

Back