new starting problems please help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalton282

Reaction score
i have a 350 yahama warrior and i put the battery charger on the battery to charge it so i left and came back in like 45min or so came back and turned the key on and the push buttion start would not start the quid a mean would not evan make a sound and the neutral light would not come on so is there a fuse i could have blone or somthing
thanks please help

Confused....is it a new battery or something? There is a fuse you can check if need be, its along the frame rail on the right side near the solenoid. Its either a tube or slot fuse, but both styles will be in some sort of rubber booting.

deadlastracing said:
Confused....is it a new battery or something? There is a fuse you can check if need be, its along the frame rail on the right side near the solenoid. Its either a tube or slot fuse, but both styles will be in some sort of rubber booting.

Small correction - the fuse is on the left side.

You didn't accidentally hook the charger up backwards, did you? I don't see a reason for that fuse to blow otherwise. Also make sure all the connections are solid and tight, if anything was already corroded and weak just connecing those charger clamps could have been enough to jar it loose and immobilize it.

Another quick question, do you get any sign of life at all with the key on? Neutral light, headlights, anything? Or completely dead?

Good that you got it figured out.

Hopefully it didn't damage your battery too much, but if the charger was so far off of normal output that it caused a fuse to blow on the quad it sure wasn't doing anything good for the battery. Don't be too surprised if it's dead after it sits for a few days, motorcycle batteries get tempermental after they're abused like that.

Back