New rear tires today..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rono

Reaction score
Picked up some new rear tires today. Ambush 22x10x9's. I'll have to try 'em out tomorrow..
normal_IMAG0138.jpg

normal_IMAG0139.jpg

Wow! thats a **** ton of side bit!!! becareful you don't end up on your lid! when your sliding through turns!
but your going to have a lot of forward bit/ traction!
4 ply or 6 ply?

where did you get that rear skid at? could i see a better pic of it?

Last edited:
Wow! thats a **** ton of side bit!!! becareful you don't end up on your lid! when your sliding through turns!
but your going a lot of forward bit/ traction!
4 ply or 6 ply?

where did you get that rear skid at? could i see a better pic of it?

4 ply and $60 each mounted. The skid is an armadillo skid, got it from RockyMountainAtv. Works pretty well, had the whole bike high centered on it last weekend.

Last edited:
thanks,
there was a guy, last year at the xc race at Pinelake, that started in line with me. He a set of 18" Ambushs, MX tires, on a 450 LTR mx quad with no chain gaurd or rear skid! I sat there and kinda laughed at him. Pine lake xc has a bunch of creek crossing with steep walls

I came up to the first creek jump/ crossing, and i was expecting to see him sitting in the creek, no, i caught a glimps of him, blasting up this wall in about 3rd gear pinned, and sure as **** he climbed out.

i was just in amasement of the traction those tires had. every mud hole, log crossing, and any deep offcamber, rutted out hillclimb, he struggled but, he finished that race.

i can only amagine what those 22s will do for you!:tup:

thanks,

i can only amagine what those 22s will do for you!:tup:

I hope so. THe mud sharks I had would slide around turns real nice and dig in the deep stuff, but sucked on hill climbs that were packed. Next, new clutch....

I hope so. THe mud sharks I had would slide around turns real nice and dig in the deep stuff, but sucked on hill climbs that were packed. Next, new clutch....

Is your clutch gone out or what?

Just a ride update..

These tires are great. I went places yesterday that I couldn't have went with the Mud SHarks. Hills climbs are much better without all the spinning trying to make it. The only thing you need to watch is the front end getting light on the hill climbs from the new rear traction. One thing I did lose with the new tires..power sliding. They will toss you off if you're not careful. For $60 each, it feels like a new bike.

Just a ride update..

These tires are great. I went places yesterday that I couldn't have went with the Mud SHarks. Hills climbs are much better without all the spinning trying to make it. The only thing you need to watch is the front end getting light on the hill climbs from the new rear traction. One thing I did lose with the new tires..power sliding. They will toss you off if you're not careful. For $60 each, it feels like a new bike.

What im worried about when getting new tires I like to slide around from time to time.

What im worried about when getting new tires I like to slide around from time to time.

you can still slide with tires that have alot of bite, you just might need to change your seating position and transition your weight differently, that and get into the throttle more, add some HP will always help lol.

you can still slide with tires that have alot of bite, you just might need to change your seating position and transition your weight differently, that and get into the throttle more, add some HP will always help lol.

Well yeah I always lean way over when going around turns fast. My friend came over today with his warrior and he has 22" razr's which are pretty nice.

yea thats what i have and i like them, there just right imo very well balanced for where i ride, it did take a few hours to get used to that new bite they had when i first got them

Ya i had some 22 inch razrs and they were great gave great ground clearance but if i would have done it all over i would have went with some 20x11x9 instead of the 22x11x9.....

Ya i had some 22 inch razrs and they were great gave great ground clearance but if i would have done it all over i would have went with some 20x11x9 instead of the 22x11x9.....

I do like the 20" I might get some razr's in that size. He would leave me on a dead stop race cause I couldnt get traction with my crappy tires.

Back