New quad?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcombs0064

Reaction score
"I got a 2003 yamah warrior that i got in on trade and really dont need it...Its got a stroker crank, FMF exhaust with power bomb header, Jet kit with K&N Filter, Handle bars, nerf bars, aftermarket front and rear bumpers, and oil cooler....Its a nice quad and is pretty quick!! It smokes some when ya start it but gets better as it warms up, but at the moment it will run for a little bit then just quit, and wont start back unless it sets for a little while"

What do you guys think? i can get a good price on it! What would cause it to smoke?
warrio.jpg

Valve seals are the cause of the smoke. Not a huge deal. As for the no start could be the cdi getting heat soaked im not too sure.

^X2. That rear grab bar looks stock to me. Your going to have to test everything cold then after it dies test everything and find the difference. Could be stator, coil, cdi. I'v had it happen on a car with the coil before. It would warm up then die. after it cooled it would work again. heat makes stuff expand and a bad wire opens up then, it cools and reconnects

Back