NEW POLARIS OUTLAW 525 KTM

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam4by4

Reaction score
check out polaris new outlaw. 525cc KTM powered. It does have Ind rear suspension and is shaft driven which sucks but I bet she hauls ass!! They claim its the fastest accelerating stock quad. That means faster than a renegade too. I wonder what kind of horse its running.

Oh yeah its on polaris website I think its www.polarisindustries.com

I would like to ride one and see how the IRS is on a sport quad. Im not thinking I would like it but you never know.

Should be pretty fast with the KTM motor in it. The way they state (fastest accelerating quad) kinda sounds strange like there hiding a little something but may just be for legal reasons. Wouldnt surprise me if it is the fastest though, I think that motor makes more HP than any other sport quad motor out right now but only time will tell.

[quote:eek:z97sml8]Yea ill beleive that claim when i see it. Its heavy, ill bet a yfz will have no problems.

The KTM motor is light they got the weight down to 395[/quote:eek:z97sml8]

The yfz alone wieghs like 380 :-/ dont see how 95 is light for JUST the engine.

man i bet that thing rips!but i would still pit a 450 against it,well just becuse its a POPO.still that thing should go pretty fast.

It only weighs in 15 lbs heavier than a yfz!! 395 dry compared to 380 dry I bet stock for stock it whoops the yfzs ass

I also heard that a ktm 525 motor puts out 50+ horse!!

The YFZ is 350 lbs dry

It's irs, its shaft driven, its pooplaris, its junk. Whoops the YFZ's ass, your telling me an independant rear suspension shaft drive sport/utility quad is going to beat a high performance high revving race machine? The yfz motor is the most advanced motor in any of the 450's so far.

IRS cant be good for handling all i can see it doing is imporving ride quality and ground clearence, in corners its going to add a shitload of body roll over a real axle and chain set-up. But anyway it doesnt matter.

Polaris is the one company dumb enough to produce quads that cant be used in competition, the only class you could run the outlaw 500/525 or the predator is the open class. Great move polaris..... great move.

Polaris is the one company dumb enough to produce quads that cant be used in competition, the only class you could run the outlaw 500/525 or the predator is the open class. Great move polaris..... great move.

This just sets up a new engine for the Predator. If KTM is going to be supplying the engines for the sports, then I wouldn't doubt if next year you see the KTM 450 engine in the Preddy or if the Predator is completely eliminated from Polaris' lineup and a whole new 450 is introduced. Speculation...

I think they made a mistake in the specs because in every picture it is chain driven.

I think they made a mistake in the specs because in every picture it is chain driven.

Yeah, I noticed that when I was looking at the pics like two days ago. When I looked at the specs earlier this morning I thought I was going crazy.

I think what polaris is doing is setting up for 3 segments like Yamaha has.

1) The Outlaw = plus 7k range quad thats fast and different

2) The Predator if you look at the 07 it lost the reservoir shocks and they lowered the MSRP to the same as a 400ex. (You can get a limited edition for $500 more with the old shocks)

3) Think they will come out with a joint 450 that polaris and KTM will sale.

Outlaw against 700 Raptor/DS 650 and others

Predator against the 400 class

and new 450 to compete against the 450's

Just some ramblings from me lol

I never said it would win on a track IRS isnt proven there yet But in a straight line that most advanced 450 motor better have some major work done to keep up with 50 or 60 horse. I dont care how big a piece of **** polaris is 60 horse is 60 horse.

Ill give em props though its about time one of the other manu stepped up in the high displacement trail performance category.

Maybee well get lucky and yammy will bring out that new 500cc 80 horse phazer snowmobile motor in a quad with less than 400 lbs dry weight. Maybe call it the blazer (phazer)

I never said it would win on a track IRS isnt proven there yet But in a straight line that most advanced 450 motor better have some major work done to keep up with 50 or 60 horse. I dont care how big a piece of **** polaris is 60 horse is 60 horse.

Ill give em props though its about time one of the other manu stepped up in the high displacement trail performance category.

Maybee well get lucky and yammy will bring out that new 500cc 80 horse phazer snowmobile motor in a quad with less than 400 lbs dry weight. Maybe call it the blazer (phazer)

Im getting sick of hearing that phazer motor rumor, yamaha isnt replacing anything they have or used to have, the YFZ450 replaced the banshee. Yamaha has a quad for every purpose already.

The only thing i can see maybe coming is a 250 sport quad like a youth machine or starter quad similar to a 250 ex ( and no not a YFZ250 keep dreaming people that also will never happen) And possibly something for the 400 class. But thats even becoming slim.

There is no way yamaha will stick an 80 horsepower motor in a 400 lb frame... lawsuits.... death... etc...etc...etc

It would take someone with some real skill to handle it.

Well if suzuki releases a quadracer 250 the other companies will surely follow suit. Someday we could see a yfz 250. When the banshee was released it was crazy. Now if they plan on releasing a new banshee it will have to be completely ridiculous. I'm thinking at least 50hp stock. A de-tuned 500 twin would be perfect.

Back