new member with a trans question!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrenchWarrior903

Reaction score
Have a 01 warrior,have rebuilt engine and trans and waiting on jug to be bored. bottom end shifts very smooth on bench. I cannot seem to find neutral on bench. already together and painted,but need to know if anyone has run into this before. Warrior didnt want to find neutral before when running,but could eventually find it. Complete different 01 trans in now,forks,drum and all. possible 1st speed gear upside down?(it will fit either way):argh:

don't know it this help but if you pull the clutch cover off you can the end of the shift drum there is small spot the top of one of points that where neutral is just look there and try and get it in to neutral

It is in the neutral divot in the shift drum. Oh well tear it apart again. Build engines and trans on cars for a living but this little quad tranny gets me!

^^^what he said. when i put together the trans on my 96 i messed with it for 2hours on a bench trying to get it in neutral before i realized it was in reverse. felt pretty dumb when i realized it

Thanks guys! im going to shop right now and checking the reverser lever. That might be it! I didnt want to have to re-silicone this thing. Sure would be nice to get lucky on something! I broke 3rd gear>>>1200$ later on a frame-off resto with pc'd frame. Couldnt put it back together stock! :)

let us know!!!!!

and get some pics up of your build!

Neutral is hard to find either way. I always spend like a min flicking the lever up and down before it goes in.

Welcome to the forum!

I can find neutral I little easier if its rolling slightly, like if I am comeing to a stop and am at a crawl just it give it a little click and it find it.

Problem solved boys!!!!! my dumb*** had it in reverse! Thank you for the quick help! (and not messing up the clean paint job on the engine cases!) and Deadlast>>>>those graphix kits are sick. i want some custom ones for my warrior and my buddies trx450r.

Back