New member in Ohio

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the 446 kit a lot more then the 430? If so I'll probably just go for the 430.

Thanks! Only 700 for the 460cc kit.....that's not bad at all..... Hmmmmm :atv:

Hmmm.... I still can't believe it'd cost 1k to have all that machined. When I got my engine bored and decked on my car it wasn't that much....and there are 4 times more cylinders.

Does the case need to be bored to fit the crank shaft?

it has to be bored to fit the new sleeve .... and the oil galley under the crank has to be clearanced for the crank

Anyon every hear or know of anyone running the CWR kit? 460......yeash, thats a bomb waitin to happen.

i agree ive checked with them before and it runs at 12:1 comp and that much power on a 350 bottom end with 80's tech in it all cast iron parts whooo i wouldnt wanna be riding it when it lets loose!!

and bones id sure hate to be the poor fellow who had to clean ^^THAT^^ out to be clean enough to run

If you go with one of the big bore motors, you should also do the oil cooler mod. That extra compression and displacement, along with thinner cylinder walls, will only add to the heat that the motor has to endure.

Yeah the oil cooler is definitely on the list. I saw someone here modifies the case so that makes it nice and easy.

Seems anything in the 400cc range requires case boring as they all seem to be sleeved. I think it's CWR shows they offer boring for the 400/410cc ones of the case for 50 dollars? At least that's what it looks like on the price list.

Which kits? The 460cc? If adding an oil cooler with fan I imagine it should help a lot of that. I'm not sure I want to spring for a 460cc as I think that may be pushing it a bit too far and I want this to be pretty reliable. I'm thinking the 400-430cc kits are likely where I'll be at. I don't expect to turn this into a racer.....

On that note I also have stumbled across a YFZ450 that needs a top end rebuild tonight for a grand....... now I'm trying to scrape pennies together so I can shoot the guy and offer lol!

Latest posts

Back