New in ILL

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RayStyx

Reaction score
New guy in Ill south of Chicago. Soon to relocate Shelby NC area, Saying goodbye to this " cant be good for ya weather ". New to to ATV world but been on bikes for a LONG time. Got a 87 Warrior to play with but found out it needs alot of work. Smokes worse than a freight train. No front brakes( Calipers and lines missing). Rear brakes need work(Caliper mounting bolt stripped and other sheared at the hole). Carb was leaking bad from the bowl,Float stuck. But thats fixed. The moron I got it from was like I said a moron. Wrong size screws everywhere, No gaskets-used household silicone. just stupid sh_t.

Going to have alot of questions so please be patient. Will most likely to be looking for parts also. I can never leave anything stock , I have to modify it somehow. My wife hates it.

Welcome to the site and to the SE. Lots of great riding in the area, you have Brushy Mountain Motorsports Park and Brown Mountain ORV just a little over an hour away to the north and TNT Motorsports roughly the same distance to the south.

I am getting ready to do the opposite and move from riding mecca in the NE Georgia Mountains (I have dozens of places both public and private to ride under 30 minutes away and 3 times that many within 2 hours) to Indianapolis where I've found just 1 spot so far (Haspin Acres). Looks like we'll spend plenty of weekends heading to Hatfield/McCoy.

welcome to the site it doesn't sound like too much to get it running like a champ, everything you need to know to fix it is here

Back