new here and have a few questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steven

Reaction score
so i think i'm going to trade a 1985 tri-z for a 99 warrior. now buddy said it had a 409 big bore kit and i forgot to ask if it was still the stock crank or if he upgrade. so would it last long on a stock crank? and also does it have revrse? and he said it has a pullcord now i was reading and from 99 and up they didnt have pull cords so i have an older motor in a 99 chassis? also would a 409 be alot of maintenance and is a big bore like that really worth it? thanks for your time and sorry about spelling and grammar

I love warriors and all but, Keep the tri-z ....What type of shape is it in?

I've never heard of a 409 kit, but Cycle Works Racing has a 410 kit with a stock stroke crank (64.5mm) and real big bore (90mm).

90mm is the biggest you can go on a Warrior cylinder casing with out boring into the head bolt gallies. CWR makes the 400 kit which is an 89mm bore and can handle one overbore to 90mm. So if the motor goes and you need to rebore, you'll need a new cylinder sleeve.

The stock crankshaft is bullit proof, so as long as it was taken care of.

Yamaha stopped installing pull start cords on the 1989 model year. However the parts can be installed on any year motor including Raptor 350s. BTW it's hard as hell to pull start a stock bore and compression engine let alone a higher compression big bore motor unless the exhaust decompression lever is used.

As long as you take care of it, maintinence will be like stock.

As far performance goes the motor will be kind of a rever due to the short stroke and big bore, so plan on shifting alot to keep er in the power band. It's worth it as it's still faster then stock.

yeah i did do teh trade i do regret it but it's 1985 and an old 2 stroke can be hell to fix up and parts are hard to find but yea the bike works good it's nice and tight but i don't think it has the big bore but is there anyway to tell if it does or not? and also i do i tighten the chain on it? thxs for your help

steven said:
yeah i did do teh trade i do regret it but it's 1985 and an old 2 stroke can be hell to fix up and parts are hard to find but yea the bike works good it's nice and tight but i don't think it has the big bore but is there anyway to tell if it does or not? and also i do i tighten the chain on it? thxs for your help

Not without taking the motor appart. You should keep the rear chain adjusted good, and if it's old replace it as it will destroy the crankcase of the motor if it ever breaks under full throttle.

yeah i already destroyed the case saver my fault it mad a small pinky size hole in the case so yea but where i live no has a tig welder to do welding jobs liek that so i had to go with jb weld but its working so i can't complain i guess but i like it so far but need to upgrade the shocks

Back