new daily driver?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
Okie dokie. the last 2 months i spend in ga rendered the puppy (78 yota) as non road worthy (cracked frome in 3 places, transmission leaks as fast as you poor fluid in, rear end is on it's last leg, and the front drive shaft is all but fell out) so as i find what i need (mainly a 80's swb frame) it's going to be completely rebuilt and mostly a weekend warrior play toy. the chevy is a LONG term project and will likely end up costing near $15k and several years to complete. SO i need a new daily driver! and i'm looking to spend no more than $10k after financing so my options are.
MUST BE 4WD and 5 speed
Toyota tacoma '95.5 through 2004 (2.7l only)
Nissan frontier
Jeep wrangler (4.0l only)

input please :) i'll be getting it by the end of the year

Yep a good TJ JEEP Rubicon or at least a sport.
Usually priced right.

I agree, go on craigslist and search for lifted jeeps, you can find em around here for under 10k with like 6 inches of lift, sittin on 35s all day. Granted, I live in the south, jacked up trucks and jeeps are plentiful.

all i want is 2.5-3 inches of left and 31's. i can go anywhere folks with 38's can go and i'll still get decent mileage. i was leaning towards the jeep just because i miss my old one like crazy. i've found 2001 with 103k miles with 31" cooper sst's, sport, 4.0, 5 speed, and RED :) for $9k

I get 23-25 with my 6.5 3/4 ton
I think Im gonna call :bs: . Thats about what I get with my Tbird and thats a 2.3 turbo. Ive never seen any diesel truck get over 20, especially with the tiny turbo the 6.5's ran. My cars turbo is bigger than what they ran. Not to mention the aerodynamics of a brick.

I think Im gonna call :bs: . Thats about what I get with my Tbird and thats a 2.3 turbo. Ive never seen any diesel truck get over 20, especially with the tiny turbo the 6.5's ran. My cars turbo is bigger than what they ran. Not to mention the aerodynamics of a brick.

6.5l, 1996, 5spd, 2wd, aluminum wheels, cooper smr tires, no catalytic converter, K&N drop in filter cleaned ever 8,000 miles. it gets every bit of 23, 25 if i drive like a grandma.

My dad had a jeep a few years back on like 33's or 34's and he got under 10 I believe or maybe right at 10. It was horrible.

jeeps depend alot on how you drive them. hell of alot more picky when a car of truck. literally the aerodynamics of a cardboard box AND a soft top AND the front hubs stay locked all the time so it's constantly turning the front diff. they have a sweet spot in the rpm range that they do decent (20ish mpg) IF you keep 31's or smaller. opening the exhaust up and a cold air intake along with a throttle body spacer helps too

Can't stand jeeps. I'd go for the nissan. Tough and dependable. The VG3.3L is a damn good engine, and easy to do timing belts on. And their manuals and autos are very good transmissions. They ride and drive well, too. Best part, they have a bed, unlike the jeep.

Too bad you live so far away... I have an 86 jeep comanchee pickup of a friends forsale. Has the 2.8 V6, has a rod knock from the carb flooding the crankcase with fuel. He'll take $500 for it. 5 speed, 4x4, fiberglass cap, long bed, new clutch...

**** a comanchee.... i'm looking for something reliable lol. and the timing belt is WHY i dont want the nissan. toyotas and jeeps have chains on em

Could always do a 4.0 swap. Then it'd be a great truck. You and I have had the timing belt talk before, so I know how ya feel.

Back