new clutch problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01w350

Reaction score
hey guys . im currently in the middle of changing my clutch and im having a few problems and my first one is that i got everything back together and the first pull off the clutch i had nothing , so i take the cover off and loosen the clutch spring bolts and it works ....... my ? is how tight are the springs suppose to be any info would help ive got a guy coming sat to possibly buy this thing and i needd to get it running thanks

The clutch spring bolts need to be tightened down all the way, i think the torque spec is something like 7.2 ft/lb.

When you say that you "had nothing" with the first pull. Do you mean there was no resistance when you pulled the lever? In that case, it would most likely be due to not having your clutch arm set on the splines so the arm is between the indicator marks on the case when the gear inside the clutch cover first makes contact with the clutch.

If I can? Nub here. I just did the same thing. New easy pull lever and new cable. I had the same result. I adjusted the cable but there is no more adjustment at the clutch arm and the lever is adjusted half way out. The cable is a little longer than the stock.

Yamarider what do you mean by the clutch arm is not on the splines? Does it touch the clutch housing when it is installed? My clutch arm is about an inch from the 2 lines on the case after I adjusted it. The clutch seems to work but it is really hard at the lever. I plan to test it out tomorrow. If you think I did something please let me know what I need to do to correct it.
Thanks

Back