new carb installed!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancientone899

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So after my 1999 Yamaha warrior 350 sitting outside for about 5 years I decided it need some TLC. I just installed a brand new factory set carb. The quad was purring like a kitten. The only problem is it was pouring out gas from the hose on the bottom.

Do you guys have any idea why this would be happening from a brand new carb? I read somewhere that it might be the float valves but I wouldn't know what needs to be done to fix this.

Thanks for the help!

The float is either stuck from being empty or needs adjustment. Tap on the side and see if it stops

where did you get a brand new carb at. i can only find those zoom zoom carbs

anyone have any experience with the zoom zoom carbs

I guess ill try them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking of trying a zoom zoom carb from e-bay myself. I've only read good reviews.

anyone have any experience with the zoom zoom carbs
Cheap Chinese knock-off unit. Have dis-assembled and closely inspected. Inferior quality to the OEM. (but what do you buy from China that isn't?)

Best stock parts for cheap is boats.net just ramble around on there until you find atv parts lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These carbs are so simple whether you decide to use Mikuni or Keihin that there is no reason why with some research and understanding you or anyone shouldn't be able to repair or rebuild one. I'd say that in this case you have a float that's set too high. Most all stock carbs are rebuildable unless corrosion has totally ruined it.

thought I would add a 2 cent comment, I am having the same problems with my New ZZ carb and with the odds the way they are for me my old carb as well, couldn't figure out why it would work for about an hours worth of riding and then start pouring out like they have. I am not a mech but a DIYer, and with that said I think I will do the float adjustment.

thought I would add a 2 cent comment, I am having the same problems with my New ZZ carb and with the odds the way they are for me my old carb as well, couldn't figure out why it would work for about an hours worth of riding and then start pouring out like they have. I am not a mech but a DIYer, and with that said I think I will do the float adjustment.
ok , to conclude this after about and hour of adjustment, I finally got it to work! (stop leaking) just adjusted the tab on the float worked!! it's the wifies quad so now I can relax!!:atv:

Back