neon lights/underglow...need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy920

Reaction score
ok im wondering wat to do with my underglow cuz its got a 12 volt plug in on it and i dont have one on the quad :p and i need to no how to go about runnin it ...can u cut the wire and go rite to the battery wiht it or not some one help me out here

you can cut the wire and run it to the battery , but you would need a switch or else the lights would constantly be on.
you can try to rig it to your light switch,if not any 5 dollar toggle or rocker switch from autozone, pepboys ETC. would do the job fine just make sure you tuck everything away nicely.
Even the switch, mount it under the plastic or some other place that only you would know its there.

If your light has a 12v plug on it, then most likely it was designed for interior use only, and it won't be waterproofed. So the first time it gets wet, it's done.

Like was just said, you'll need a switch between it and the battery, and you should also wire in a fuse, as close to the battery as possible. Try to find a waterproof switch also, with a regular switch you'll probably end up with it ruined after a few rides because they're not meant to be exposed to moisture, dirt etc.

But if that's not a waterproof light, then don't even bother wiring it up. If it is waterproof, and you do install it, make sure you mount it where it's not going to get broken easily, and mount it securely enough that it won't vibrate around at all. Definitely install a fuse, mount a switch in your dash panel, and use some decent automotive wire, not speaker wire because the thicker the insulation, the better. If possible, solder and shrink wrap the connections. If not, at a minimum use some insulated crimp-on terminals. If you're new to electrical stuff and wiring, I could probably help you out with a simple wiring diagram.

Trust me, I know my neons ;D
6e565d8df64cc6996faaf5564ae6c4c6.jpg

Back