need to vent

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
ok i was riding today and the engine started to act up and could hardly run, just sitting stil, it seems like its working very hard. there are metal shavings in the oil. im ticked off, i have put so much money into this thing and it just keeps breaking. i dont even want to fix it, at least not for many years. it just drains my extra money. it needs new a-arms also. i think im done with it for now and just going to hang it from rafters for a couple of years till im done with college and get stuff paid off. i dont even want to look at it. i dont want to get rid of it cuz its been in the family since 1997 but for right now im just going to try to get something else thats reliable. anyways thats my story. just had to through that out there.

gotta take the good with the bad. breaking stuff and not running rite is just a part of riding quads. it sucks when it happens but you gotta muster threw it, fix it then beat the snot out of her for being bad once you fix her again!!

yeasus man. I think your engine is juts a lemon. With all your cam issues and all. Also you slappin those 450 shocks on there I'm sure had something to do with the a-arms being broke. Suck though man. Hopefully yu an get into some money soon and get the beast back in action.

On a side not, remember where you slammed you rim in Wellsville, I did the same thing over the weekend but was able to bend it back out and ride the rest of the weekend. Also not to rub it in but my warrior is running perfect. It was so spot on all weekend. I loved it!

"my warrior is running perfect. It was so spot on all weekend. I loved it! "

did you make it up scooby?hahaha just pickin on ya bro.

yea its just going to sit for a long time. i rebuilt the engine 2 times and have only owned it 6 years. I have never had problems with the a-arms after i put the yfz450 shocks, but had a ball joint come apart when i had Works shocks on way before i bought the yfz450 shocks. i just replaced the wheel bearings, brake pads all way around with ebc sintered pads and just got back brakes working. also last year put all new tires on. when it did this i just got so disgusted. i just want to ride and not have to fix it all the time. i dont mind maintance on it, but when it does stuff like this, i get discouraged. it was great for me the first 4 years i had it but then just went down hill from there. and when i went to college it just seemed to fall apart.

as of right now its just going to sit till im out of college and get stuff paid off. i dont want to get rid of it, its been in the family since 1997 and it was my first quad.

Deadlast thats good to hear yours is running good, i bet you love that. i never got my edelbrock carb tuned in right so it never ran at its potential. did you catch your rim on a log also? that thing completely destroyed my rim when i hit that.

well i cant believe i did this. i was that ticked off with the warrior that i went to the dealership to look at a used raptor 700 they had. was walking around the showroom floor and saw this and it was a 2009 leftover and was cheaper than the raptor. did the paper work and they gave me financing so these are my new wheels, 2009 kfx450r. only got to ride it twice and it moves. i have a little break from college coming up and will be able to put a lot of ride time on it at home then. only thing i have on order for it is full skid plates for it because the plastic ones arent holding up at all. the fuel injection is pretty sweet.

As a side note, even though i have this now, i still wanna fix the warrior and restore it like i have wanted to for years. it will probably wait till im out of college next year and have a good job. but ill have a thread here when i start that.

Last edited:
Come on Tyler, you gotta wear the stockers out first before you go throwing money at tires

Come on Tyler, you gotta wear the stockers out first before you go throwing money at tires

Ya i completely agree but if you ride that 450 alot you can just watch the tread disappear.... trust me lol

i agree! there are more important things... LIKE ******* STICKERS! i <3 stickers :)

and tyler... it's not just 450's. it depends on if you get to ride on the street any or if your (my) blaster will lay down donuts on the highway :D

cool new wheels man. My bro just got a outlaw 525 s and I want one now so bad! They sit like the warrior does. But I'll always be a warrior guy at heart. Never gunna get rid of mine.

cool new wheels man. My bro just got a outlaw 525 s and I want one now so bad! They sit like the warrior does. But I'll always be a warrior guy at heart. Never gunna get rid of mine.

i bet that outlaw is pretty sick. what did he do with the honda 450? yea i still have this urge to fix the warrior when i get home. its time will come someday when hopefully it will get its restoration. that thing was awesome to trail ride with and was comfortable to ride. the 450 you have to hold on where as the warrior you can just relax

a yfz is what i wanted, but the deal they gave me on this was to good to pass up, and the biggest bonus is it has reverse. i still need a lot of seat time to get the hang of it but i think it will treat my riding style very good.

i agree! there are more important things... LIKE ******* STICKERS! i <3 stickers :)

and tyler... it's not just 450's. it depends on if you get to ride on the street any or if your (my) blaster will lay down donuts on the highway :D

Ya true i hardly ever ride on roads that aint made of dirt lol

i bet that outlaw is pretty sick. what did he do with the honda 450?

Ne still has it. This was my there brothers. Luke (19) has the 450. Kent (22) has the 525 and I (25) have the lil 350. Hahahahah, I'm the oldest, but still have the coolest one!

P7290121.jpg

Back