Need some to tell me what I screwed up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gy67

Reaction score
Bought a 2000 Warrior a couple months ago. I went out to start last Saturday and the battery was having trouble truning it over. It would do it but very slowly. I put my battery charger on and turned it on and let it charge for a bout 5 min. went over and tried to start it and all it would do is click. I went out bought a new battery filled it with acid and put it on a 10 hour trickle charge on Sunday and now today when I put new battery in all it does is click again. Did I screw something up when I had the charger hooked up to my old battery when it was in the quad and tried to start it while it was hooked up? What are my options now. Pretty pissed right now and not sure if I should be at myself or the quad......(my guess is preobably me)

Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate it.

turn everything to the start positions and jump the 2 posts on the selonoid. if she spins and fires you found the issue.

Is that a normal problem when u charge a battery while in the quad or jump starting a quad with battery still in it? I'm trying to figure out why it worked and then 5 min. Later after taking the charger off to start the quad the solenoid is bad. I'll go out later and take a shot at jumping the solenoid & see what happens. Thank for your help guys.

I charge my battery while its fully attached to the quad and dont have problems. Try jumping the solenoid like stated above

its def ur starter. i had that same prob and bought a solenoid and ended up being the starter

Back