Need some skid plates wat kind?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carfanatic

Reaction score
I got 2 raptor 350's and I'd like to get some skid plates to protect them. Who makes good ones? I guess I would need chasis/engine skid, and swing arm skid.

I've got AC racing skids, and have beat the absolute hell out of them. They have held up great.

White bro got the belly and arms ones of those and gave them hell and they still look kind of new.

I got a UM rear skid for Christmas and it was garbage highly suggest not getting one.

cool, where is a good place to buy them from? I"m new to quads so still learning alot.

I have a maier skid, people say they suck because they are plastic but I have beat the **** out of mine and it has held up plus it is very lightweight

Not to bash anyone with AC products but the majority of people that post reviews of their products have problems with the weld joints snapping with minimal pressure.

yeah i was reading about the AC and people hated those..Armidillo is also a really good skidplate but people were having problems with the bolts coming out but with some loctice you shouldnt have a problem

I have beached myself on rocks before, and my AC's have held up very well. Been on the warrior since 02 and no problems; no cracks or bends. When I first got my warrior I had to pack a hammer riding to beat the stock guard off my rotor and chain so I could keep riding. Guess I am just lucky :) I have read several bad reviews as well.

Does Pro-Armor make skids?

ya pro armor makes some. so armadillo are good too?? Where can I get those?

I looked at the armadillo the biggest complaint I see is there is no bend up in the front. I like the pro armor ones, but they seem to have alot of edges that stick up. See if I can find pics of the white bros stuff.

I like the white bros skids. Anyone have them? Do they have a drain bolt?? Also it says they only make them for 05 raptor 350's??

I've got them, yes they have a drain bolt. Mines a 2004 and they bolted up fine. I can get pics if you want.

i have a prm with the linkage guard bowl thingy and that thing is so strong your swingarm would break befor the skid plate would......its the older on not the z plate they are ****.... mine is the thickest you can buy from aftermarket

I personally like AC, and like others I've heard they have issues. Had mine for over a year now and so far so good, nothing to complain about.

I like the white bros chasis skid.. will it fit a 2007?? Where can I order a set? There the same as the gytr ones right??

Back