need some info

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91warrior

Reaction score
Howdy everyone, been a while since ive said anything on here

anyways, the gears in my head are still spinning with ideas for the warrior even though i got another quad to tinker with. and i still want to completely strip down the warrior someday and completely re-do it like I've wanted to for years now.

anyways i was wondering if someone could tell me the diameter of the axle carrier. im at college and the warrior is at home, 6 hours away. I'm planning on making a hitch for it, yes that's right, a hitch. i saw pictures how some were made and I'm going to make one. i just need the diameter of the axle carrier to pick up some supply's before i go home so i can build it the short amount of time I'm home. these warriors are very tough machines and i want a hitch to pull a trailer at home to do farm chores. I'm not worried about the clutch or anything, i know what these things can take and how far I can push them. just need the diameter of the axle carrier. thanks to who ever wants to take the time to measure one.

Here is an idea, depening on how far you need to move a trailer, my uncle took and put a hitch on the front of his 400ex, he took a square tube to use a reese drop hitch with a ball and welding into the front where the bumper is. So all he has to do is slide it on put the pin in it, move the trailer then pull the pin put the hitch back in the truck hook up trailer and roll. You might be able to do that better and faster then doing something on the rear.

that would be a good idea dirtrider, but i will actually be pulling this cart around the farm, and probably even out to fields when the equipment breaks, i used the 3wheeler in the past to do this, but its been broke for a long while now.

blkblzr01 i saw yours in your pictures you had, and i might be interested. do you have some close up pictures on how it exactly bolts up? i know how i want to make one, just need that size. but depending on how yours is and your price, i might be interested.

you can kind of see how it mounts in this pic:

100_0439.jpg

the top part of the hitch mounts to the swingarm forks (for lack of a better word) and the bottom uses the skid plate mounts.

i don't think it works with aftermarket skids though. hows $30 shipped sound? it's in good condition as i never even hooked anything to it.

well i have an aftermarket skid plate. so im not sure if it will work or not. did you build that or buy it somewhere? i've never seen one like that before.

i made it home this weekend and was able to measure the axle carrier and it was a little under 3" in diameter. so im thinking with 2 3" exhaust clamps, i should be able to make one that goes around the carrier tube and make something out of it.

alright well i think ill try making one first blkblzr01 but that one does look like it would work very well. have you ever towed anything with it? i know ill be trying to tow loads that are way to heavy so i want to try to mount it good. thanks for the help and interest, ill keep the one you have in mind if i cant get something made.

Back