need some info for my 88 warrior project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybob

Reaction score
i am starting a 88 warrior project bike i need to know if there is a wireing harness for any bike i can use on my cant get the wireing harness it has been discontinued also need to know about shocks and a arms cany find plus 2 for my year

wait for someone parting out an 87 or 88 i have most of a wiring harness from my 87 part out. +2 a arms arent made for first gens but 87warrior917 has a set of +3 for sale he made match them up with some trx450r shocks

you'll never find +2 for it .. 87warrior917 has a set of +3's he made for a first gen warrior ... if you go for stock arms get 87's they have changeable ball joints ... as for the harness you can find them on e bay

And you both beat me to it! lol. You're better off getting a new harness, stator, cdi, and such, because parts are plentifull. For what you'd spend on an 88 cdi (if you need it now or later) you can get everything off a newer bike for about the same. Also, if you get electrical system off a (correct me if I'm wrong) 99-04 you can use the DynaFS Programmable cdi.

Another option for +2 arms is, get a newer chassis, mount the 1st headlights, get some +2 arms, and walla!

I still wanna see someone attempt the ASR 400ex arm swap on a fist gen... lol

But I agree with Pat. Using the harness from a newer Warrior is your best bet.
Easier parts to find, and cheaper.

If I had the money I'd try the a arms. But, I just got the works a short time ago, and they'll be too short.

I would go 97' to 01'.
There's lots around, and it gives you the option to upgrade your CDI..
You could go 02' to 04', but they would probably be more $..

Just make sure if you buy one that you get a "complete" harness... With the CDI, voltage regulator, and all the connections. It'll make life easier on ya.

Back