need some help...!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black42

Reaction score
ok here it is....i bought a 2001-2' warrior with a bad valve,so i purchased a top end gasket kit and replaced the whole head! put it all back together and it fired right up! i shut it down to check all fluids and tourque bolts to spec,and went home...........(i took the keihin carb off,aftermarket exhaust off,and the new head is stock)three days later i came back to shop and now it wont start..great spark,no leaks(air)from head,and timming is dead on (tdc)i even replaced two different stock carbs.....why will it not start?????????????????Over veiw,my timming is good,my spark is perfect,exhaust is tight(with new gasket)so why the fu$&&%#%k wont she fire back up............???.......................AND to all of you guys & girls,i have tons of aftermarketand stock parts from 86'/87' thru 2004/5 warriors only!!! and i dont sell stuff for profit....i sell them only to real enthusiest!!! if your an asho#$$le than dont bother but if your a real warrior350,extremest,than whatever i have is for the forum only....thanks for all of your help!!!

Last edited:
got me stumped on the no start problem. check the plug and make sure the battery is completely charged.

as for the stuff you have for sale then just post it in the classifieds section and we'll pick through it man.

gas is on and jumped it with the truck,..good spark,good plugs,...............can a bad carb do this???(stock) i heard that warrior carbs are junk if they are not taken care of... and the two that i tried were from old machines.....

maybe recheck your timing and hit it with a little shot of starting fluid and see if it starts for a sec. If it does it's not getting gas

maybe the float is stuck shut?? and also do you have a fuel filter in you line? i have had one of them not let fuel through after the 1st ride,,,,

i think it has something to do with the head,it back fires like crazy and timming is on....carbs are cleanad and it just wont start.The haed is on a modded bottom end with a je piston,she tries to start but wont,it almost caught fire.but i choked it out by continuing to try starting her.Timming was done on both srokes(compression and exhaust!!! im going to switch heads again!!!

Back