Need some help...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriortamer

Reaction score
Well I swapped out my warrior carb to a White brothers carb. The guy I bought it from did not send me the boot with it, so I used a Raptor 350 intake. She fired right up but idled really high. I adjusted the idle screw and brought it down some but not enough. So I shut off my kill switch and she continued idling. I reached up shut off the key and again she continued idling- I thought WTH. I shut off the gas and finally she shut down. My first thoughts were that it was a fluke so I tried again. It happened exactly the same. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

I looked through everything and could not find anything disconnected. That was one of my first thoughts too.

Well its nothing wrong with the carb......

Your killswitch should cut the spark, and if that doesnt work the key should. The only reason they wouldnt shut the motor down is if the motor was so hot it was firing off the sides of the cylinder and the head instead of the spark plug. I dont think thats the case as your just started for a little bit.

Well its nothing wrong with the carb......

Your killswitch should cut the spark, and if that doesnt work the key should. The only reason they wouldnt shut the motor down is if the motor was so hot it was firing off the sides of the cylinder and the head instead of the spark plug. I dont think thats the case as your just started for a little bit.

If that were to be the case, we would be looking at a really lean running motor then, right?

Ok... got some more info on this. I went down to the garage today to recheck a few things. I started it up, shut down the kill switch and it shut off. If it idles for a bit, it starts over with the switch not killing the motor- looks like it is still sparking/ffiring off the cylinder head heat... I am going to have to play with the jetting it appears- am I running lean at this point?

Back