Need some help with Brakes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4wheelin

Reaction score
hey anyone ever had a problem bleeding there brakes after installing a block off plate on the rear of there Warrior.I have tried for a few days now.................with little to no luck, I have a smushhie pedal. If I leave it sit and come back to it the pedal will bottom out with no brakes at all if i pump them a few times they then work but this will be a pain not to mention dangerous in the woods ridding. When installing the block off plate i made a rubber gasket just in case brake fluid was to get to this point. any help would be great.

Did you disconnect the brake line when you installed the blockoff plate? If you just bolted the blockoff on like you're supposed to it shouldn't have affected anything.

I took the brake caliber off the wheeler to clean it up and Yes i unhooked the brake line. thanks for all the help guys geez.

well "geez", we gotta figure out what you did before we can figure out how to correct the problem.

The blockoff plate won't affect the brakes bleeding. The rear brakes can just be a real pain to bleed sometimes because air can get trapped in the line right above the caliper, and can also get trapped in the caliper piston itself.

You can try unbolting the caliper from the carrier, and letting it hang down lower so the brake line doesn't form the air trap. If you try to bleed it this way, make sure you wedge something in the caliper so the piston doesn't fully extend and pop out.

You could also try a vacuum bleeder if you have access to one. That will pull the fluid through instead of pushing it through with the master cylinder.

hey thanks YamaRider, it turns out that there is a leak in the rear caliber,i took it apart trying to figured out why it wouldn't hold pressure. there is a little bitty o ring inside there that the plunger runs on, that is shoot therefore it is leaking. thanks for the help and sorry for the tude just was frustrated. once i changed that it held and bled it off in like 2 tries.I will try to give more detail next time around, this site has been really helpful to me. You guy are great. thanks again and happy trails.

Back