Need some dimensions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnk

Reaction score
For those of you with aftermarket air filers with the aluminum flange (pro-flo, etc) what size is the filter? Better yet, do you know the part number? A friend of mine is machining a flange for me and I need to know. Thanks in advance.

This is on a Warrior, right? I drew up the design on CAD and the O.D. where the filter clamped on ended up being 2.5". The filter I was looking at was a K&N 2.5" I.D. 3.5" O.D. and 4 or 5" length. Straight flange.....

BTW, thanks for the info. I updated my drawing to 2.75". I think you are right, I may need an angled filter if I use a K&N. Wouldn't mind using foam, though. Anyone else have any info? Thanks.

I prefer a foam filter... neither one is actually better but people have diffrent opinions.

If you do get a foam you wont have to worry about an angled filter and its alot cheaper.

I used my stock airfilter piece and modified it to accept a clamp on and bolted it to the airbox and sealed with silicone.. Not as nice as a nice machined piece but it works just the same.

I was considering doing the same thing with my factory filter also. Luckily my buddy told me he would make me the adapter out of aluminum. We're going to use my Warrior as a test bed for the prototype. He wants to mass produce quite a few and sell them. He's hoping to come in cheaper than others already on the market. I'm thinking I will get a foam for the first one, then experiment and get the correct K&N for my backup Warrior. Again, thanks for the help.

Back