need quick answer - oil cooling

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joejefferson

Reaction score
I posted in the tutorial thread, but no one has replied.

Can I use JB WELD to fill the galley? What did people prepare the surface with in the galley? If not JB WELD then what?

Yeah, i'm pretty sure everybody that did the clutch cover tap method used JB weld in the galley. I'm not sure about the prep work, but there really isn't much you can do with the limited access. I guess just try to blow the oil out good with an air compressor, maybe try wiping it out with cotton swabs or something.

Shoot some brake parts cleaner down it then let it dry out, that should take care of any oil, then go to town with the JB!

It goes between the holes that are drilled into the clutch cover, so that the oil gets forced through the lines instead of going straight through the galley.

It wouldn't have anywhere to go if for some reason it did come loose. There will be a fitting screwed in on either side of it.

all the jb weld is doing is blocking the oil from going directly to the crank rod bearing, so it divides the gally in two parts sending oil out to the oil cooler and then blocking oil from going the other direction and sending it to the rod bearing.
If the jb weld comes un done or anything it would just allow oil to go directly to the pin on the rod or block it completely off. I've seen people put a plug inbetween the gally.

Back