Need Help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharider

Reaction score
I just got finished with my rebuild today got everything back together and i turned the key on and the reverse light was on. So i went to shift the reverse lever forward and realized that it was already forward. So i pulled it back to where reverse should be and the light was still on put it forward and the reverse and neutral light were on but when it locked in place the neutral light turned off. Is there something inside the clutch cover that could be doing this or is this just some weird thing like how the neutral light doesn't always work? I haven't started it yet because it was too late already and i needed to get some oil to ut into it. Should i be worried about the reverse light or do you think it's nothing?

You've got wires crossed bro. One of the wires you have pluged into the reverse light is actually to the clutch safety switch, that's why it's on. Also sounds like you have the wires backwards for neutral and reverse or you have the bukbs backwards.

I didn't touch anything with the bulbs or any of that wiring. I zip tied the wire that goes to the reverse shifter right to the frame so i don't mess that up. Where is the clutch safety switch?

I checked all the wiring and in the manual and everything is right. Is there a way that it's not grounded good enough and that's causing the reverse and neutral light on?

Back