Need help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior89

Reaction score
Hey guys i have been having some problems with my warrior lately it takes a while to start it will turn over for about 2 mins then sart and my batery will not stay charged help please.

first of all, you could burn the starter up by turning it over that long. get your battery checked if it won't stay charged. if that's not it then break out the multimeter and get to checkin' the stator.

i dunno right off man. there is a free manual on the site somewhere. it has all the values in it.

yeah could be carburation to... cranking for that long is BAD on the starter clutch/ bearing... it runs out of oil after a bit and then starts to wear... if everythign is right it shoudl start within a couple revolutions... is your carb clean? maybe something has plugged up the pilot jet? how does it run after you get it started? (by that im wanting to know if it idles, and starts good once it is warm)

once it gets started it runs great. if the startor is bad which i think it is because the battery doesent stay charged would that afect starting it

oh yeah... for sure... your stator is probably bad, but i was just giving other options... Ohm out that stator... youll probably find something way about spec... pay attention to the little K or M that makes a HUGE difference!

You can take your spark plug out and ground it the head, jug, or any metal and hit the start button, it should be a bright vibrant constat spark. If its not then the stator may be going out, and the spark will look dim, small and jump around or other words spark a couple times then nothing spark some more and so on.

Back