need help!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20warrior00

Reaction score
hey i just got my warrior running (rebuilt the motor) anyways it will only go in reverse,i cant get it to go in any forward gears when i pull the reverse lever to forward it makes a clicking noise sometimes i can get it to go in gear but then it just pops back. any help would be great i want to get this thing running right!

It sounds like the linkage for the reverse lever is just out of adjustment. Loosen the lock nuts and adjust the threaded rod so that when the lever is in the forward position it pushes the arm on the case further into the forward gear position.

well i adjusted the linkage as far is it will it go and its still not going in gear so im thinking its a bent shift fork, but before i go and take it apart i wanted to see what you guys recomend? thanks

well i took it all apart last night and changed the shift fork and reverse gear, got it all put back together today and it still wont shift into forward. i want to get this thing running right what else could it be???

Have you tryed to to hold the lever into the forward position with some force as you try and go forward? Im kinda lost, I guess just learn how to ride awesome in reverse!

If it works when you hold it forward it's probably an issue with how the linkage is installed. Try disconnecting the linkage and manually pushing the lever on the engine case all the way into the forward position and see if that does anything different.

im pretty sure i figured it out, the reverse shift drum thing was hitting the case so it wasent letting it turn all the way to push it full in gear, once i get it back together ill let you guys no if its fixed or not, thanks for the help again

Back