Need help with warrior carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Predator13

Reaction score
this is going to sound dumb what goes in the hole with the pliot jet I looked at diagram after diagram I can't figure it out also does this get screwed all the way down I had some one else try to rebuild the carb well that's a long story but I got left to figure it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have another question on the a/f screw should the point on the end of the screw stick thru the hole in the throat of the carb or should it be up in the body?

How far can you turn the a/f screw out I have it at 2 1/2 turns and still will not idle and when you hit the throttle quick it stumbles and shuts off

I rebuilt the top end new head cyl piston rings then rebuilt the carb this warrior is as stock as the day it was built the only thing I did was put a different air cleaner in it years ago and just replaced it with a brand new one it ran great before

That means your motor is taking in more air, since that is a higher flow filter. Motor is taking in more air=lean. So bump the pilot and you might even need to bump the main too. My quad is all stock except a k&n filter, and I'm jetted up a size on the pilot and main.

What size would you recommend

I would try one size up, so since stock is 42.5, I would go up to a 45 pilot.

On a side note, I originally rejetted because I wanted to get rid of the stumble off idle like you, and the rejet fixed the issue.

I should have said my lid is on my air box should I just change the pilot or that and the main jet also I want to get rid of the stumble also

I run the full airbox lid as well. I would check your plug, that will tell you if you need to up the main jet size as well or not.

Did that it's a nice brownish color but it hasn't ran that much since the rebuild due to the carb problem

Run it for a while with a new plug or try to clean your old one. Then see what color it is.

What size main jet are u running

I am picking up a 45 on Saturday I think I will pick up a 147.5 also see what happens thanks for the help

Yup, give us an update when you get the jets installed. Hopefully it works for you

Bad news they gave wife wrong pilot jet but put the 147.5 in no better now back firing thru carb I will put the new pilot jet in if it doesn't get better it will be a 357 and a stripping hole

Back