need help with electrical

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The1Hero

Reaction score
I put brand new source, two brand new pickup coils, new ignition coil, and a used but known good cdi box. I am still not getting any spark. Tried different wire harness off my other warrior that has no motor. I get about 100 vokts from source coil. And i get no volts out of the two pickups. Is there another way to test pickups besides ohm and volt meter. Im also wondering could it be possible that the pickups are not close enought to flywheel?

Im going to try and see tomorrow if i can mount the pickup's closer to the flywheel and see if that helps, I will post back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully we can figure out a adjustment on the new pickups to make them work right lol.

Okay so i did some adjusting in and out to the fly wheel and still no spark, so now im just going to buy a new cdi box. Not trusting any used ones anymore rather get new and be done with it all.

Okay here is a good question for someone with a first gen warrior. Will the 87 warrior spark or fire with out the rectifier? i get nothing ohms to the rectifier from the stator. So does the recitifier help with spark, so if the stator for the recifier is not working i will get no spark?

okay, so i bought a new stator from RMSTATORS, there was a green and brown wire, for the source coil, so i hooked a test light to one of the wires to see which one was the hot and which one was the ground for the source coil on the stator, NONE of the wires give me power. SO i hooked up my meter and tested the ac power going through the coil, reads about 60 ac volts. my old stator with new source coilk was reading over 100 ac volts and the hot wire would light up the test light. Did i get a bad stator from RM STATORS?

okay i changed everythign but the cdi box, and for some weird reason the hot on the source coil switches inside the cdi box, the RED wire out of the cdi box has to be plugged into the brown wire on the source coil for i to get any juice through the coil, so somehwere the cdi box is switching the power over to the ground side or something, i cant figure it out for the life of me, im going to order a new cdi box, unless someone has something else for me to try, everything tested out ohms wise,

Back