need help choosing a clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runnin650

Reaction score
I am about to buy a new clutch, and am looking for some advice from someone who has been there, done that. Name brands, stock, which springs, easy pull on the lever?

runnin650 said:
I am about to buy a new clutch, and am looking for some advice from someone who has been there, done that. Name brands, stock, which springs, easy pull on the lever?
I'd recommend two clutches, stock plates with extra steel, or DP clutches (expensive).

runnin650 said:

Raptor clutch cable and parts, for a super easy pull.
Barentt or DP with heavy springs.

also you can add an extra steel for more pre load on the clutch pack and allows the clutch plates to wear more before bottoming out on the pressure plate assembly.

I ordered a ebc dirt racer clutch with heavy duty springs the other day. Did i make a bad choice?

blonka said:
I ordered a ebc dirt racer clutch with heavy duty springs the other day. Did i make a bad choice?
Nah you'll be alright, just double a steel in the middle of the pack with an old steel. Use the larger of the two steels.

Also you should look into the raptor350 clutch relese parts, with HD springs the stock Warrior system is tough to pull. The raptor parts only cost $30. Best mod I ever did.

Back