Need help changing carrier bearings in Ma

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdicarlo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new here. I hope all are having a good holiday.

My bearings on my 2000 Warrior are shot and I ordered a new set of bearings and seals from All Balls. I Have the rear end off the bike and mostly disassembled. I was hoping that someone could help me finish the job. I will bring the rear end, bearings and waterproof grease to your location with a little cash or beer or both and we can finish it together. Maybe even do the zerk mod, but I don't want to ask to for too much.

Please help. I live in Wakefield, Ma.

Thanks,
Rob

DSC03436.jpg

If I lived closer I'd lend yah a hand, Especially for that beer! hahah. Anyways, its a fairly easy process, if your even slightly mechanically minded you should have no problem fixin it. What type of axle is on that thing? I've never seen an axle nut like that.

I think the axle nut is a dura blue posi-lock nut. I'm not sure if the axle is stock or aftermaket... I just bought the quad a few weeks ago. Thanks, Rob

im in monson, id help for a few beers! Wakefields a hike just to do a bearing job tho. Noone u kno has a few tools and a little kno how?

I would actually bring my quad to your neck of the woods (now in two pieces, the rear end is off), if we could get it put back together in time to get some riding in... I appreciate the help, but I'm slowly pecking away at it and a friend at work has offered to help me too. This weekend I will try to remove the hubs and separate the axle from the carrier... Wish me luck...

I think I have a dura bule axle on my quad and not a stock axle because this axle has 2 c-clip grooves and no threads... Can anyone confirm that is the difference between a stock and durablue axle?

thanks,

Rob

I'd deff be down to do some ridin if ya wanna head out this way. I can plan a trip, get a group together. Lemme kno how the work is goin with it, mabye i can help ya if ya need it

yamaharaptor350, I'll hit you up this spring for a riding day. I sold my roommate my xr400 and I don't want to leave him out if we go riding. He's just getting into riding and he needs somewhat stable ground. I also bought my girl a trx300ex and she's new to riding too. She loves it and wants to go out every weekend. We want to do a lot of ride and camp trips next year too.

So I have the axle out of the carrier and I have to still remove the old bearings and install the new ones. I just have to read up on how to remove the bearings. I do foresee a problem though... I'm almost positive that I have a Dura Blue axle and axle nut. The Dura Blue axle nut is made up of two pieces (nut and sleeve) and the sleeve rest against a c-clip on the axle. The sleeve is so far into the nut that I can't hold on to the wrench flats. I haven't got to that point of reassembly yet, but I'm going to have to cross that bridge soon. I'm bringing the sleeve/nut assembly to work and ask one of my buddy's to help me separate them, but I may need to buy a new one for $70. That will suck...

It looks something like the one below. Mine is the one in the picture above.

378__orig.jpg

rdicarlo said:
So I have the axle out of the carrier and I have to still remove the old bearings and install the new ones. I just have to read up on how to remove the bearings. I do foresee a problem though... I'm almost positive that I have a Dura Blue axle and axle nut. The Dura Blue axle nut is made up of two pieces (nut and sleeve) and the sleeve rest against a c-clip on the axle. The sleeve is so far into the nut that I can't hold on to the wrench flats. I haven't got to that point of reassembly yet, but I'm going to have to cross that bridge soon. I'm bringing the sleeve/nut assembly to work and ask one of my buddy's to help me separate them, but I may need to buy a new one for $70. That will suck...

It looks something like the one below. Mine is the one in the picture above.

378__orig.jpg

If you remove the allen bolt it should just turn right out with your fingers. May want to put some lube on it. You might be able to put two screw drivers in the slots and spin the outside nut while you hold the inside one with the screw drivers.
Good luck!

What is the advantage of having these kind of lock nuts or whatever they are called?

This type of axle nut is less susceptible to vibrating loose and the durablue axle won't accept the stock nuts.

Back